Monday, October 10, 2011

How my love of books has transcended time






The book above is the Book of Kells. This book is the oldest book known to western man and it is in one of the world's largest libraries - Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland. And before I go on a long tangent of how much I LOVE Ireland, I will stick to the point of this blog and talk about books. (But just and FYI, I do LOVE LOVE LOVE Ireland.)


(The Long Room in the library at Trinity College of Dublin)

So I have a very strong belief that my love for books and the love for the written word has transcended time and space...and maybe even my own past lives. I think that I was meant to love the written word with all of my heart and soul from the beginning of my time here in this realm. And I love how as we have evolved as a race, not only has the written word evolved, but how we read as well. As much as I love the feel of paper between my fingers, but I have to admit that I am liking how technology is making books into digital media. Each generation evolves as the technology evolves and even though I wasn't on the Kindle bandwagon to begin with, I have to say I love mine now. 
(I have to admit that I agree with this statement)
 
So to come to a very fast conclusion to this very uninformative blog, I don't mind the way we are moving forward. Technology doesn't have to mean the end of books. It also means the way we learn will change and for the most part, I believe this is a good thing. Just, don't forget about the real thing. Sometimes there is no comparison to the real thing.

Happy reading everyone!
Anastasia

No comments:

Post a Comment